SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, Catholic Climate Project is suspending grant making for the near future. If you have already applied, you will be contacted with information regarding your grant status. We hope to reopen the grant program after we have recalibrated the Project. If you have questions, please send an email to info@CatholicClimateProject.org.
The U.S. Catholic Climate Project grants are designed to assist parishes, schools, religious communities and other local Catholic institutions in the United States, to organize and mobilize the U.S. Catholic community to express their care for creation and take climate actions in 2020. The Catholic Climate Project is pleased to be able to offer grants of up to $1,000 from now until August 1st , or when funding is no longer available.
Priority funding will be given to projects/programs that:
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, the 5 th anniversary of Laudato Si’, and/or the Season of Creation.
- Activities that are led by youth/young adults and/or are inter-generational.
- Activities that are well-publicized to ensure the wider community knows of your efforts.
The types of activities* that could be funded include:
- Advocacy and dialogue with church and political leaders on our call to care for creation and our vulnerable neighbors
- Generation of events (educational events, rallies, fairs, festivals)
- Participation in existing events with the intention of lifting up the Catholic voice within them
- Prayer services and liturgies
- Retreats, workshops, or forums to promote understanding, bridge-building, and healing
- Service projects (tree-plantings, cleanups, community gardens, etc.)
- Carbon reduction activities
- Classroom instruction/curriculum
*This list is not exhaustive. If you are planning/organizing an activity that is not listed, feel free to apply and we will consider.